By 1912, the Belltrees Property covered 240,000 acres surrounded by 2,000 miles of netting fence and had 64 houses scattered over it. Close to 60 employees lived and worked full time on the property. During shearing time a further 100 employees worked the shed, all living on site. They grew their own vegetables, milked their own cows and killed their own meat.
The station was a self-contained community, with a public school, a store, chapel, a community hall and even its own post office.